hijacked thread again (was: fedora-list digest, Vol 1 #722 - 27 msgs)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 8 01:54:05 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 08.01.2004 schrieb jdow um 02:42:
> From: "Alexander Dalloz" <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>
> > Am Do, den 08.01.2004 schrieb Rodrigo Malara um 01:41:
> > > No Mike, it is right. The default include path is the current directory
> > > and PEAR's directory... it's fine...
> > > Strange, as Mike said, maybe you should check the path and permissions
> > > on the tset.php file...
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Rodrigo Malara
> >
> > Maybe you are new to this mailinglist, so I beg you to respect a common
> > netiquette.
> >
> > In further postings do not hijack threads. This will mean not to take
> > any posting and use it to send your own mail with a total different
> > topic and content. As you are getting the daily digest please take the
> > time to not directly reply to that digest posting.
> >
> > Second, please do not top post.
> > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
> > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Alexander
>
> Alexander, it is difficult not to notice that your hijacked thread
> notes are raising the noise level on a very busy list. If you are
> so concerned about issues of email technique please go find a list
> of like minded people and pollute it. This list already has a surfeit
> and surplus of noise, much from netiquette dribble-minds like you.
>
> {^_^}

Sorry, I a have different opinion on this specific topic. There might be
enough people around who do not care about anything what is called
netiquette, who seem to be even proud to neglect it. But there are too
people who understand and accept the deep sense of such a mailinglist
netiquette. While you personally did not even post with your real name
to this list.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany