up2date is *horrid*

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Jan 8 03:33:43 UTC 2004

Mark Fuller wrote:

>What is wrong with up2date? It is very unpredictable whether it will
>complete. Most of the time it hangs. I was completely unable to get anywhere
>with it at work (through a firewall). At home, it hangs half the time.
>Tonight it hangs 9 out of 10 times.
>
>I used gentoo and had no problems with emerge. Is this something Redhat is
>aware of? Or is it accepted as normal?
>
>Mark

Mark,

as mentioned earlier , configure your up2date to use mirrors... the main
server is very loaded with all those updates (and it's been a busy week
, with two kernel updates on fedora and one on the various versions of
red hat)...
On http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html you can get a big list
of mirrors...

Pedro Macedo