fsck - still can't fix boot failure

robin laing robin.laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jan 8 17:07:06 UTC 2004

Barry Yu wrote:

> Definitely fc1 is on /dev/hda4, when look at /boot/grub/menu.lst, I
> can see it is the right one.

> robin.laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca wrote:
>
>> Barry Yu wrote:

I didn't notice the hda4/5 issue on my system unitil Disk Druid started
and showed me the partition table.  If grub is setup for hda4 and as in
my machine, hda5 is actually the correct partition, then grub is looking
in the wrong area.  As I said in my original post, hda4 is ther but
there is no data on it.  A partition manager may show a similiar
situation to what I have.   It wouldn't hurt to take a look from the
emergency disk or CD rom in case.

My hda5 is a swap partition so it isn't listed in grub.

Robin