Digi Serial Card....

James Kosin jkosin at intcomgrp.com
Thu Jan 8 22:19:35 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Miguel Seabra" <rms at 1407.org>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: Digi Serial Card....

|Thanks for your links.
|
|I had found:
|http://support.digi.com/support/techsupport/common/cables/async/PC_term_rj4
5-|8pin-altpinoff--db9f.htm

|and gave it to a colleague who supposedly knew how to make these cables.
|
|Looking at what he did and what is in that page, I am starting to think
|he might not have done the adapter properly.
|
|I will try myself tomorrow.
|
|Thanks, once again.

<<snip>>

I'm hoping you made out OK with the cable.

The last version that compiled with the kernel was kernel version 2.4.18-3
With a kernel upgrade past that the compile of the epca driver from Digi was
broke for me in RH 7.3...  One of the reasons for the upgrade.  The problem
was non-existent in RH 8.0 and RH 9.0...  I tried at home.  With RH not
supporting any of their free products anymore; I chose to upgrade to Fedora
instead of shelling out a LOT of money for the AS version.

I was using 40001450_R.src.rpm for the Digi drivers on that.  S hadn't come
out at the time.....

Hope your cable fixed the problems...
If not, give me a shout!

James