PowerVR Drivers and Core 1?

John Sampson john.sampson at swirly.net
Thu Jan 8 22:29:53 UTC 2004

I know of a few people having the same issues I am with regards to the
PowerVR drivers, for the Kyro Chipset AGP range.

Having had major issues with Shrike, I finally got the damn things
working, so me being the fool I am did this:

Got the Source Tarball, extracted it, ran grep -R 2,5,7 * and changed
the kernel numbers from >= 2,5,7 to >=2,4,20.

Did make && make install and then edited the XF86Config file as the
README asked.
Killed and restarted X via /sbin/init 3 /sbin/init 5 and just got a
Fatal Error Code 11 thrown back.

This is the weird part.
I logon in console mode as my useraccount or root, and startx from there
and I get full driver support, OpenGL works etc.

Any ideas what the difference might be?

Best Regards
John Sampson