Samba help

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Thu Jan 8 23:14:23 UTC 2004

I'm transitioning myself from Red Hat 9 to Fedora Core 1. I had Samba
working on RH9 for my home network. I haven't gotten there yet with Fedora.
When I try to access the disk shares from Windows 2000, I see the server
under the Workgroup in "My Network Places". When I double-click on the
server icon, I get an error dialog declaring "\\Orpheus is not accessible.
The network path was not found."

I'll start looking for a Samba Howto. In the meantime, I thought I would
see if this error message meant anything specific to anyone on the list.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson