Samba help

John Sampson john.sampson at swirly.net
Thu Jan 8 23:31:27 UTC 2004

If the subnets were different I don't think you would even SEE the 2000
Box.

Obviously verify the addressing, I find the easiest way is set IPs to
10.0.0.1 upwards and subnet to 255.255.255.0.

Verify that lot and you SHOULD be able to get access.

Check Guest isnt disbled on the 2000 Box too, if it is that might stop
you accessing - I know a 9x client cant access a 2000 machine without
having guest account access.