Is it worth changing to fedora ?

Iain Buchanan iain at pcorp.com.au
Fri Jan 9 00:04:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 09:17, csclark at uwm.edu wrote:
> I joined this mailing list because I wanted to read about others experiences
> with fedora before I migrated to it. I am second thoughts because all of the
> mail I am receiving: it like many users are having problems with Fedora.

Thats like going to the hospital and deducing the entire human race is
ill!  This is a place where many people come with problems, just so they
can get them solved.  If anything, that should encourage you to install
Fedora, as it means any problems you have will be helped here.

I haven't seen any posts saying "wow Fedora is great, I don't have a
problem with it.  Thanks, bye" because whats the point?  (btw, thats
pretty much my opinion.)

> Would anyone recommend installing Fedora, or should I wait until the next
> version?

Absolutely :)  Especially if you're running a previous redhat version,
and you haven't made any non-redhat changes to it.  However, the next
version will be out in a few months, so if you have limited bandwidth
(even though you can buy the cd's) or some other reason, you could wait.

And if you do have a problem, bring it to us and we'll see what we can
do.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp.nospam.com.au>