Backup program?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 9 01:48:36 UTC 2004

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

>I am new to Red Hat/Fedora and am looking for a backup/restore program for
>Linux which will work with my Sony SDT-9000 DDS Tape Drive. I can't find it

If you installed KDE there is KDat, which is a tar-based tape archiver.
It appears as part
of the standard tools with most distros which include the KDE desktop
(not just Fedora).
Extract from the KDat Help:

"Features:
Simple graphical interface to local filesystem and tape contents.
Multiple archives on the same physical tape.
Complete index of archives and files is stored on local hard disk.
Selective restore of files from an archive.
Backup profiles for frequently used backups."

cheers,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.