redhat-config-netboot, setup diskless environment

Lewi ichtus at mbone.petra.ac.id
Fri Jan 9 15:47:23 UTC 2004

I'm having problem with step-by-step redhat-config-netboot diskless information,
I have following in the included docs,

is there any good documentation that explain this,
what I'm confusing is, in docs that comes with redhat-config-netboot package
is using pxelinux.0, but I ran my compaq deskpro 6000 using tlan ethernet rom from rom-o-matic website

client can boot successfully, but when request file pxelinux.0-> is not valid image or something,
then I read some diskless howto, then I create
mknbi-linux /boot/vmlinuz /boot/initrd > linux.nbi

then I change in dhcpd.conf, that client that with some MAC Address is using file linux.nbi
client booting successfull loading kernel, but stucked in
"unable too mount root nfs, specify rootfs" or something error messages

I look that when redhat-config-netboot add OS, it patch somefile in rootdir that contain / for client

thank you

--
ichtus
------