Update patches versus full update RPM.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:03:30 UTC 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 10:51 am, Simon Perreault wrote:
> On January 9, 2004 10:48, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > That was the summary.  There has been backlash; demand needs to be
> > established.  You want it, ask the developers.  What's wrong with that
> > picture?

> It's not polite.

It's as polite as Jef Spaleta's rejoinder about getting popcorn to spectate
when mirror operators got into the discussion.  The open source development
process is rarely polite; read the Linux Kernel Mailing List one day.  The
PostgreSQL list is the most polite list I've been on, and even there it
sometimes gets pretty rude.  At least in the five years I've been a part of
that project it has.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology