Kernel 2.6 panic

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Fri Jan 9 19:52:14 UTC 2004

Andy Green wrote:

> On Friday 09 January 2004 07:15, Erik Rissanen wrote:
>

>>I just tried a newer 2.6 kernel, and on that the ethernet does not work.
>>I didn't investigate it further.
>

> Compare /etc/modules.conf with /etc/modprobe.conf, which replaces it in 2.6.

I've been having a similar problem with a new 2.6.0 (from development
rpm) system. It boots fine the first time I boot into 2.6.0, but
subsequent boots don't start networking or anything that depends on it.
(running 'telinit s' then 'telinit 3' works fine, however).

I'm currently going through the very useful comments found in
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.0/Changes after installing the appropriate
kernel-doc rpm.