Monitor problems

John@tesco john.ridgard at tesco.net
Sat Jan 10 10:22:12 UTC 2004

I have been running Red Hat 7.2 sucessfully on my machine which is connected through a switch box to a Daewoo CMC-1707B monitor which was set to custom during install with the correct scan frequency.

After a fresh install of Fedora I get a black screen during boot at the point I assume there should be some logo  displayed. My chosen monitor is not on the list during setup and there dosen't appear to be a 'custom' option but I chose a similar model with the same scan rates and a similar model then reset the scan rates.

Any suggestions please, as I am unable to log in to make any changes or access the machine.

Thanks

John