dual boot

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 10 11:49:15 UTC 2004

Antoniak Adam wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I have a dual-boot (Windows XP) and RH9 on two different hard disks. I would like to move GRUB from MBR of hda (Windows XP hard drive) to hdb (/boot) and change boot.ini in order to make it take control of booting process (http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/ArticleID/5548/pg/2/2.html). Is there a simple way of moving GRUB without reinstalling systems?
>

>>I know my question may seem to be basic but I'mm new to Linux.
>>
>>ADAM

You will probably need to create a grub boot disk and then setup the MBR..

I do somthing similar when I setup a server with software RAID, I use a
grub boot disk to make the second disk bootable.. Many people don't do
this and if the primary drive fails you will have a problem booting from
the second drive to get the system up again after you have replaced the
failed primary drive..

Google for info on grub, there is a fair amount out there..

Later..