console color

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Sat Jan 10 13:52:51 UTC 2004

On January 10, 2004 05:54, Danail Nachev wrote:
> can somebody tell me where i can change the intensity of the colors of the
> console? i mean that the colors under slackware where more brighter, more
> contrast. on the fedora they are darker, less contrast.

Yes, I'd like to know that too. The change happened from 7.3 to 8 IIRC.

Before colors: http://www.shellguard.com/images/screens/sg_runls_s.gif
(sorry, that's the only screenshot of the old colors I could find)

Now colors: http://nomis80.org/colors.png

See for example the directory-blue and the executable-green. It is much darker
now.

I searched the RPM for patches but couldn't find any that would explain the
new colors. I played with dir_colors but to no avail. How can one get the
originals? Was it changed upstream or by Red Hat?

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org