Palm sync Memo with gpilotd

James A. Giseburt giseburt at molineschools.org
Sat Jan 10 20:41:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 05:01, Dexter Ang wrote:
> Hello. Anyone successfully synced a Palm Vx's memo with gpilotd? I
> always get an error (don't have the exact message right now). Anyway,
> syncing with jpilot works without any problems. Only when trying to
> sync using gpilotd. Everything else works perfectly. Is this a known
> bug? I've installed Fedora on 3 computers, and I get the same results
> with everyone. It seems (for me anyway) only the MemoFile conduit
> can't sync. Argh. Could anyway who has successfully done this paste
> their ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot-d/memo_file-conduit configuration?
>
> Thanks!
>
> dex

I had the same problem.  However, after I created a directory in my
memo_file directory for each Palm category (i.e. Business, Personal,
etc.) it started to work.  I set the conduit to copy everything from my
Palm and it was all on my laptop.

My current problem is that it doesn't really sync.  If I delete a file
from my laptop, it doesn't delete the memo from the Palm.  If I change
something on my laptop, it doesn't change the item on my Palm.  I just
figured this out last night.  I'm still looking into this issue.  So, I
don't have all the scenarios figured out yet.

Hope this helps!

Jim

James A. Giseburt
Information Systems Manager        E-mail:  giseburt at molineschools.org
Moline School District No. 40      Voice :  309.743.8990
2515 - 41st Street                 Fax   :  309.743.8996
Moline, IL   61265                 Web   :  http://www.molineschools.org