Auto Login

crunkrb at bellsouth.net crunkrb at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 11 13:03:48 UTC 2004

Hi,
  I have a question that has me somewhat stumped. I have Fedora Core
loaded on an old system at home that I am just playing around with
and trying to learn. I had told the desktop switching tool to use
KDE to be the default desktop at first. I then went to the control
center-system admin-login and told it to auto log that user in
and to remember that password, under password less login . After a couple
of weeks now I am trying to change this to where you have to log
in every time that machine is turned on. Nothing seems to fix this
problem. I have been to the desktop switching tool, told Gnome to be
the default. Went to the control panel-system admin-login and unchecked the auto log in user and the password less log in options. When you turn the computer on it still insists on going into KDE as that user. Anyone
else have a clue on this or had this problem?

Thanks,
Randall