Is qtparted working on FC1?

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano_brunetti at idg.it
Sun Jan 11 15:50:20 UTC 2004

I tried qtparted. Is anyone here using it with FC1?

I tried to install RH9 rpm packages (qtparted and all the necessary
programs to dela with various filesystems - on qtparted rpm's website,
RH9 rpms are reported to work well on FC1...). They got correctly
installed but qtparted doesn't work: it fires up its gui but
won't resize anything. A popup error message shows up, but it
doesn't contain any text so it is not really helpful.
If i launch qtparted from command prompt, i see some error messages:

[root at localhost root]# qtparted
No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.
Error: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted!  You should e2fsck.  Modifying an u
nclean filesystem could cause severe corruption.
Error: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted!  You should e2fsck.  Modifying an u
nclean filesystem could cause severe corruption.
Error: Partition /dev/sdb5 is being used.

I checked all filesystems and they look good.

Then i erased all rpm's and tried to compile qtparted and all other
programs. And, well, they don't compile. Error log is very long, i can
post it if needed.

Any idea?

E.