Is qtparted working on FC1?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jan 11 18:25:59 UTC 2004

Am So, den 11.01.2004 schrieb Emiliano Brunetti um 16:50:

Please: Do NOT hijack foreign threads! Always use a new mailing when
posting to this list - do NOT erase body and subject from a foreign
posting and post to this list!

> I tried qtparted. Is anyone here using it with FC1?

qtparted is still in the testing repository on fedora.us ->
http://www.fedora.us/pkglists/fedora-1-testing.html. So I think it did
not already pass quality management.

> I tried to install RH9 rpm packages (qtparted and all the necessary
> programs to dela with various filesystems - on qtparted rpm's website,
> RH9 rpms are reported to work well on FC1...). They got correctly
> installed but qtparted doesn't work: it fires up its gui but
> won't resize anything. A popup error message shows up, but it
> doesn't contain any text so it is not really helpful.
> If i launch qtparted from command prompt, i see some error messages:
>
> [root at localhost root]# qtparted
> No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.

On http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/features.en.html you can see, that
NTFS partitions are supported, but see the notes there. You might lack
mkntfs and ntfsresize.

> Error: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted!  You should e2fsck.  Modifying an u
> nclean filesystem could cause severe corruption.

Run e2fsck as you are told to do. Running a resizer on a partition which
may contain faults you highly risk to damage it unrepairable.

> Error: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted!  You should e2fsck.  Modifying an u
> nclean filesystem could cause severe corruption.

Seems you have 2 of these partitions. If these partitions are ext3
formatted use fsck.ext3 instead.

> Error: Partition /dev/sdb5 is being used.

Resizing a mounted partition is prohibited.

> I checked all filesystems and they look good.

Hm, you did that while they were unmounted, like booted in rescue mode?

> Then i erased all rpm's and tried to compile qtparted and all other
> programs. And, well, they don't compile. Error log is very long, i can
> post it if needed.

I would recommend to use the qtparted RPM by fedora.us which is compiled
on and for FC1.

> Any idea?
>
> E.

Alexander