Mozilla 1.5 Fedora RPMs

Clint clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Jan 11 20:45:15 UTC 2004

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> There are RPMs that claim to be compatible with the Fedora project on
> the Mozilla web site, at:
> /pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/1.5/redhat/fedora-test3
>
> Does anyone know anything about them?  Do they have the appropriate
> Fedora patches, or do they need to be patched to bring them into
> conformance with Fedora standards (such as these are).  Are they up to
> date? -- They are all pretty old, all dated 16-Oct-2003.
>
> Many Thanks -- Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net>

I have not installed 1.5 yet because of a dependency issue with Epiphany
which needs Mozilla 1.4.1. But if you wanted to try installing it via
yum, you could add the following to your yum.conf (thanks to some
#fedora folks on irc who told me about this!):

#[mozilla-seamonkey]
name=Mozilla SeaMonkey Release
baseurl=http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/current/redhat/0.95

then simply do "yum update mozilla" as root.

I have done that part, but backed out when yum told me of the dependency
issue, since I have a couple of family members who prefer Epiphany's
simplicity and UI.

Clint <clint at penguinsolutions.org>