nfsroot problem

Damir Anicic Damir.Anicic at psi.ch
Mon Jan 12 09:28:40 UTC 2004

Thanks to Andy Green & William Hooper, but I found somewhere in Fedora
notes that Fedora binaries are optimized for Pentium Pro, but would work
for Pentium, too.

Anyhow, in my opinion, your suggestions are quite appropriate.

Now the question arises, how do I install Fedora as i586 binaries,
because I do not intend to recompile glibc, SysVinit and whatever other
packages which I would need (X11, ssh, openmotif...).

I have tried to install Fedora on Pentium machine, but it did not work,
failed somewhere after package selection, probably at the point of
partitioning/formating file-systems. There was an error message from
Python, with bug report possibility, but I did not report it.
(The problem is probably that machine has only 80 MB memory).

So, how do I install Fedora as i586 (or i386) binaries?

Thanks.