how do i backup all my data and restore?

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano_brunetti at idg.it
Mon Jan 12 13:42:43 UTC 2004

After testing around with parted and qtparted, i am still without a
solution so i am thinking of installing again FC1.

Here it goes:

- i'd like to save all data in /home and /etc and be able to later
restore everything;

I tried once to do a backup and restore of /home only, but i anyway lost
some valuable stuff (old emails that never got correcly restored,
personal information within web browser and so on). I wish there was a
way to do this so that i don't loose all the time i spent configuring my
system. ;)

Any hint?

Resizing and moving partitions is not an option, since neither qtparted
nor parted seem to work on my system. None of them deal with ext3 fs and
both of them give strange errors with ext2 fs.

Thanks

E.