Thoughts on FC and the future..

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 14:49:05 UTC 2004

Benjamin J. Weiss said:
>> This idea falls apart pretty quickly depending on what is being
>> upgraded.
>> Looking at the devel list, for example, Python is going to be upgraded
>> in
>> FC2.  Yum is based on Python, and Yum needed recompiled for the new
>> version.  Now with an Anaconda based install who cares.  You aren't
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[snip]

> So, if I am reading you correctly, Fedora Core users are going to have one
> of four options from now on:
[snip]

Umm... how about:

5) Put the CD in and do an upgrade.

Maybe I didn't make clear enought that the problem is trying to upgrade
tools/libraries that the upgrade program is trying to use.  When doing and
Anaconda based install (upgrade), the installer is using it's own
environment, not the environment of the installed system.

--
William Hooper