Newbie

Kenth michael at cosram.com
Mon Jan 12 18:20:19 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Dalloz
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: 12 januari 2004 18:55
Subject: Re: Newbie

Am Mo, den 12.01.2004 schrieb Kenth um 17:58:
> Kevin: Thanks for your fast reply.
>
> I forgot to ask about format for posting. But I now understand that plain text is standard here.
>
> With the other email lists I participate in it really doesn't matter what format one posts in,
> because that particular listserv converts the emails to plain text, and doesn't allow attachments
> either.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenth Michael
> Stockholm, Sweden

1) Please - do NOT top-post. In general hard to follow a discussion thread. (Already endlessly
discussed in here.)

2) Please - do NOT hijack foreign threads! (Your initial posting was such hijacking.)

Always open a new message and write in the list address fedora-list at redhat.com as recipient and then
your subject line. There are marker in the mail header so that 'stealing' a foreign mail for sending
your own message makes threaded view broken.

Thank you.

Alexander

++==+>x<+==++
Thanks Alexander!

I wasn't aware that I hijacked, but now I realise what happened. I wanted to have the correct email
address, and therefore I clicked on "Reply", erased all of the original post as well as the "Subject
title".

But because of several posts here from other persons, I realise now that there are other means of
posting than I'm used to, like having attachments. I cannot read them in the usual email window so I
have to read what's in the properties part of the email. This is rather confusing... And forces me to
skip those emails, which is sad, but the were not intended for me anyway.

Thanks,
Kenth Michael
Stockholm, Sweden