Palm sync Memo with gpilotd

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Jan 12 18:29:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 10:15, Malcolm Northcott wrote:
> Cant sync Calendars or Addresses with
> the palm. I know something is happening because if I do copy to palm I
> all my palm address entries get doubled up...

I've almost always had this problem and similar ones.  The only sort-of
workaround I've found is to set Evolution's conduits all to "Copy From
Pilot" first, copy everything, and only then set the conduits back to
"Sync".  Even then I get duplicate entries, or entries are deleted
rather than synced, and so on.  I haven't dug into it in enough detail
to know exactly what's going on and file a proper bug report.  Plus my
Palm is fairly old, an M105 running PalmOS 3.something.

Off topic:  For the duplicate entries problem, I found a Palm program
called UnDupe very valuable and well worth $7.95.  You can get it at
http://www.stevenscreek.com/pilot/undupe.shtml .

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge