Helix Player

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Jan 12 19:00:47 UTC 2004

Well, notwithstanding the recent flame war, I really want to be able to
listen to NPR on Fedora.

The situtation right now:  I've installed the Helix Player, both by hand
(unpack archive into /usr/local and make a symbolic link
/usr/local/bin/hxplay -> /usr/local/HelixPlayer/hxplay) and using Thomas
Chung's instructions at fedoranews.org.  Either way I get an error box
"Unexpected error code (0x800400C9)" every time I try to play a Real
stream.  This is on two quite different pieces of hardware.

Has anyone been able to get HelixPlayer working on FC1?

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge