How to force logoff remotely?

Adam Kosmin akosmin at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 00:48:00 UTC 2004

Ok, that wasn't as fun as I thought it would be

Adam

Adam Kosmin (akosmin at nyc.rr.com) wrote:
" David L Norris (dave at webaugur.com) wrote:
" " On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 14:56, Andrew Robinson wrote:
" " > andrew    4886     1  0 Jan11 ?        00:00:00 [gnome-session <defunct>]
" " >
" " > The name "gnome-session" looked promising, so I tried a 'kill -(harrison
" " > ford) 4886'. There appeared to be no effect.
" "
" " Try to login (ssh or console) as andrew and run:
" "   kill -KILL -1
" "
"
" This sounds like fun. I've got to try it :)
"
" Adam
"
"
" --
"
" "Yes, Your Honor. Now, where we are so far, in at least my
" line of reasoning, is I want to walk the Court through enough of our
" complaint to help the Court understand that IBM clearly did contribute a
" lot of the Unix-related information into Linux. We just don't know what
" it is."
"
" -- Kevin McBride SCO vs. IBM 12/05/03
"