Signature up2date corrupt file

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jan 13 08:17:44 UTC 2004

Jay Brunker wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I had a couple 'o things to mention.
>
> One ... is to introduce myself ... since
> I am new to the list.

Welcome..

<snip>

> Do I need to install a different signature?
> or ... has the kernel file really been corrupted?
> Is a manual download ( no up2date ) in order
> here? If so, does someone have a procedure for
> manually updating the kernel w/Fedora?

Most likely the server that up2date is using is timeing out. Am not
sure why but it appears that up2date reports a partial download +
timeout as a corrupted download ?

Anyway, this problem is easily fixed by using an alternate mirror as
up2date server.

A short and sweet description on how to select and set the mirror site:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg01577.html

Cheers,
Michael