launcher script

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jan 13 16:06:45 UTC 2004

Phil Howard wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I've been looking to no avail for a method or script to modify a
> launcher so that if the application is already running it just maximizes
> it.  For example in windows when I use my outlook shortcut it only
> starts the application if it is not already currenly running.  If it is
> running it just brings the window to the foreground.  Has anyone had any
> luck configureing the gnome launcher in such a way?
>
> Thanks, Phil Howard

Actually I find the ability to open multiple times can be a benefit
with some applications.  Terminal window is one of these.  Some
graphics applications I like to open two or three times.

I do agree that it would be nice if there was a check box to allow
this to be selected on an application level, not system or user wide.

--
Robin Laing