Wish list for Fedora Core 2

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Jan 13 17:29:53 UTC 2004

Bjorn Andersen wrote:

>>Maybe "System Settings" and "Admin Tools"
> NO, I just want to be able to delete this 2 menues for my users...

More to the point, those of us doing enterprise-like installations would
like to be able to mor easily customise the default menu that our users
will then inherit.

While I don't have a problem with 'System Settings', I still find
confusion myself when the things I want get hidden down in 'Extras', and
often forget whether what I want to change is a Preference or a System
Setting (or a System Setting controlled by an Admin Tool). Rather than
separate menus, I'd prefer a visual clue (background/extra icon/etc) to
indicate items that require administrative priviledge.