GPG verification errors?

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Tue Jan 13 19:04:07 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----

Don wrote:

> Yes, I get that all the time when the up2date servers are busy.... I
> press "up-arrow"/enter and try again... eventually it all works...

Hi Digant,

I think the solution mentioned many times on this list is to simply
change up2date to retrieve from a different source as the default source
location gets over loaded.

Personally I've setup a nightly rsync and then all the FC1 boxes here do
their up2date from that.  It then seems to be virtualy free of these errors.

As an aside, I would rather that up2date either just waited untill all
the data is correctly received or timed out and failed if it can't
retrieve the data correctly.  This business of retrieving bad data and
giving you the option of installing from it (the bad data) makes me
uneasy.  However I guess there must be good reason for this but it is
one of many things I don't (yet) understand.

Kind regards,

Mike