MySQL and ODBC don't like one another.

Andy Choens dru at worldskip.com
Tue Jan 13 06:24:37 UTC 2004

Goal:  Connect OpenOffice.org to MySQL in a small office.
Problem:  It won't work.

I'm trying to get MySQL to talk to unixODBC.  Then, I can get MyODBC to
talk to OpenOffice.org.  I know this works, because I was doing it when
I used SuSE.  I decided to switch things over to Fedora because I don't
know how the Novell thing is going to pan out.

MySQL is working fine.  I've got a couple of simple "test" databases
defined.  But, when I connect using isql I get an odd error.
Can't open lib '/usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so' :
/usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined
in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I really don't understand.  I'm using the stock RPMs that came with
Fedora.  If I can't get this to go because of a problem like this, I may
just rip out the rpms and install it manually.  But, I'd rather stick to
the RPMs and save myself a lot of trouble doing upgrades later.

Has anyone seen this before or know any ideas to get it to go?

Or, if anyone knows of a way to connect MySQL to OpenOffice.org that's
easier than all of this...tell me how!  :-)

Thanks!!!!!
--andy