Actions menu

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Tue Jan 13 20:56:06 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 13.01.2004 schrieb David Jackson um 19:09:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've looked through the gnome docs and googled a lot, but I still can't
> > find a solution.
> >
> > How can I add entries to the Gnome actions menu? From Debian times I
> > remember there were more entries, like Actions -> Show Desktop, -> Start
> > new Session, etc. I could even see and edit them with gconf-editor, but
> > I can't find anything like that now. Where to start?
> >
> > Christoph
> >

> Did you google seach include gnome.org

Yes. Quote from
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2002-August/msg00062.html

>> I'm trying to add "Power Off" and "Reboot" entries to the Actions
>> menu to make it easy for people on single user PCs to simply switch
>> off when they want to end a session.
>
> You cant -its hardcoded

But I'm sure this info is not up to date or correct, since I have SEEN it on Debian.

>  and posting to the gnome mailing list?

No, not yet. I will do so. Thanks for the idea.
> Gnome also a mailing list devoted to redhat.

Thanks for that info, but I searched the whole gnome mailing list archives.

I'll keep on searching...

Christoph