pcmcia-problems...

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Tue Jan 13 22:02:33 UTC 2004

hi,

i have a vaio z600lek with a pc-card cdrom which was properly detected
and installed in red hat 8.
in red hat 9 as well as fedora 1, installation from it works only with
the workaround in the release notes, and it won't work at all afterwards
when running either red hat 9 or fc1.
i was already over at pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net, but they couldn't
figure out why it's not working either (red hat uses some modified
pcmcia-package, no?)

here's the link (i didn't try his last tip, because i don't understand
what to do - as you can see from the thread, my knowledge of linux is
still very limited. so pls bear with me)

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=855719&forum_id=7049

thx for any help.