CRC error when installing spamassassin

John V. Pope jpope_rhn at popes.net
Wed Jan 14 04:18:08 UTC 2004

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/1/i386//headers/header.info...

> Use a mirror for updates!

Sorry John, it was kind of a reflex poiting to use a mirror. I should
have annotated a bit more in this case.

You try to get the core files - in this specific case the spamassassin
package - from the redhat.com server which is under pressure. You have
no mirror specified for core! The second source is even a mirror but it
is only configured for updates to FC1 and SA is no update package.

So normal think as redhat.com can actually not handle all the accesses
as people do not use mirrors as sources. Just edit your source file
again and choose a mirror for the FC1 core too.

> > Are there any gurus that can help shed some light on this problem?  Is
it
> > just a bad RPM?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John V. Pope
>
> Alexander

Alexander,

That did the trick.  I didn't realize I hadn't changed my sources file to
use a mirror for core files.  Anyway, it's all working fine now.

Thanks so much.

John V. Pope