an up2date idea

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 14 07:12:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 02:12:18PM -0800, Don wrote:
> Em Ter, 2004-01-13 às 14:06, Don escreveu:
>
> >> My idea is to move the server selection process out of the client and
> >> onto the network/server.
>
> >What about torrent-enabling servers to keep their bandwidth a little
> >lower (well, much lower most of the time)
>
> The problem I have with bittorrent is it doesn't work well with machines
> behind a NAT router.
> Or, I don't know how to set it up to work well behind my NAT router. :-)[snip]

The answer to many p2p protocols such as BT is the pattern matching
abilities of a netfilter module such as Layer-7 Packet Classifier (L7
for short) at:

http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net

This module works via the queue target. The BitTorrent module
currently gets a "blue" rating on the site which means that the
authors think it behaves as coded but could use more testing.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca