(no subject) [GRUB boot problems]

Paolo paolo at gabubbi.it
Wed Jan 14 15:51:53 UTC 2004

Phil Schaffner said:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 10:22, Paolo wrote:
>>snip<
>> Phil,
>> I tried to boot the machine with a boot disk (mkbootdisk kernel-version)
>> but it failed to boot.
>> Same problem with the bootdisk I made during the Fedora installation.
>>
>> The error message is:
>> boot failed: please change disk and press a key to continue.
>>
>> It appears aftwer a few seconds the kernel start to boot.
>>
>> Feel free to mail me if you need more information.
>>
>> Thanks a lot. Really.
>>
>> Ciao
>
> Paolo,
>
> You need to make and use a grub boot floppy, as described in my last
> post (or "info grub"), not an install or syslinux boot disk.

Ok,
now I'm sure that what I did was really silly ;-)

I've just printed your email,
as soon as I'll be closed to that machine I'll follow your instructions in
order to make a grub boot floppy.
I think I'll do it in 5/6 ours,
so tomorrow you will know if I managed to fix the problem or not.

Again,
many thanks.

--
                    Paolo C.