gtoaster not working

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Wed Jan 14 15:59:22 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-01-14 às 11:57, Robin Laing escreveu:

> >>chmod 666 /dev/sg*
> >>create a shortcut for
> >>/usr/bin/gtoaster-root
> Will this approach work with cdrecord and xcdroast?

This works for cdrecord + gtoaster. Tried to use xcdroast once, got back
to gtoaster. Remind the fact that running cdrecord as non-root can lead
to loosing the ability cdrecord uses of controlling priorities, so it's
easier to burn useless cds with it at higher speeds..

> > And the reason this isn't done by default is .... what ?
> > Not enough traffic on this list, so FC1 is made useless on purpose , to make
> > people ask questions ?

> I think it is more towards that one thing that Microsoft has no
> concept on.  Security!  Documentation needs to be created and included
> in an easy (non computereaze) for the average user if Linux is going
> to be used in the home more.

I'm ok with security concerns, but claim security reasons for not
enabling cd-recording is too much for me. Can you imagine if the same
happened to floppies?

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group