Upgrade

Michael Thompson mike at thompsonmike.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 20:10:01 UTC 2004

Hello David,

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, at 11:47:47 [GMT -0800 (PST)] (which was 19:47 in
my TimeZone) you wrote:

>> Hi Fedora-list,
>>

>>   I am currently using Redhat 9, and when April 30th comes round, I am
>>   looking to change distos.
>>
>>   What I am asking therefore is: Can I upgrade RH9 to Fedora, and it
>>   keeps all the settings? Mainly the Mailserver, FTP, web server etc?
>>
> Way do you want to upgrade? Redhat 9 is a stable release?
> I haven't tried it, but you should be able to take any of the source
> updates and build them on you RH9 box? And keep it courrent.

Umm, had'nt thought of that. Duh.

I may just stay with 9 then, and install updates from source. Although
I can see this creating a few problems, but nothing that will be too
major.

> On the other hand FC is a "test bed" for things to come?

Thats one of the things that worried me about Fedora, and why I looked
at Debian and Gentoo.

--
Best regards,
 Michael

http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32

"Remember when we said there was no future? Well, this is it." -- Blank Regk