Display problem on Sony Vaio notebook PCG R505TE

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at netscape.net
Thu Jan 15 01:58:53 UTC 2004

Having a problem in Red Hat 9 in display - 4 edges having around 1 inch
space (in black), color is fine (thousands of color) but resolution
could only be set at 800x600, even I set it to 1024x768, and then log
out. When back to X window, it goes back to 800x600. I downloaded the
Intel82815 driver in rpm, installed. But can't solve problem. Is this
the problem of driver for video card? or I have to select the monitor?
What monitor should I select? I can't find anything that looks fit under
Sony monitor. Anyone can help?