Language installation

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Thu Jan 15 02:01:55 UTC 2004

> Maybe... But is there some list of proper rpms in some place?
> I don't realy know if it's suficient.... :-((
>
> Anyone have other alternatives?
> Anyone did that????

I fooled around with it a little, and I think editing
/etc/sysconfig/i18n is all you need for 'standard' languages.

Mostly it then gets used by /etc/init.d/functions to set the LANG shell
variable, which a user could then choose to override for their own
purposes...

[bevan at saladin ~]> setenv LANG pt_BR
[bevan at saladin ~]> date
Qua Jan 14 17:59:14 PST 2004
[bevan at saladin ~]> setenv LANG fr_FR
[bevan at saladin ~]> date
mer jan 14 17:59:46 PST 2004
[bevan at saladin ~]> setenv LANG en_US
[bevan at saladin ~]> date
Wed Jan 14 17:59:54 PST 2004

Adding a language to 'SUPPORTED' in /etc/sysconfig/i18n seems to just
make it availible to redhat-config-language and not much else.

Do you need something more than those?