xawtv behaving badly, vertical bars distoring image

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Thu Jan 15 03:30:24 UTC 2004

I picked up a WinTV Go card a couple months ago so I can keep up with
CNBC/CNN/etc. while I'm in my office.  For a while it worked perfectly
but in the last couple weeks the image frequently gets distored.  There
are dozens of vertical bars across the video image where the picture
seems offset about 1/4th of the screen.  I hope that makes sense.

Strangely enough screen grabs look perfect.

When I first start up xawtv after a reboot it works fine for a minute or
two then the vertical lines start building up.

Any ideas???  It's getting really annoying.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org