cyrus under Fedora

James Holobetz jamez at accesscomm.ca
Thu Jan 15 07:25:06 UTC 2004

I am having numerous problems trying to get cyrus to run on Fedora...anybody got any suggestions; First i tried installing the latest DB4 from sleepycat but it would compile against it but link against the old one no matter how I tried to redirect the include and lib files. then i tried letting it just find the one that is on FC1 which is good enough (db4-4.1.25.-14) everything compiles and runs but when i try to connect it produces an error in  the log that DBERROR db4: Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments...this is on the redhat bugfix list as an error on non nptl kernels-- but i am using the latest updated kernel. lil help plz