Opteron Upgrade Path

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at freemail.hu
Thu Jan 15 09:59:45 UTC 2004

Justin M. Forbes írta:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:49:26AM -0600, Aleksander Demko wrote:
>
>>If I install Fedora 1 (i386*) on my Opteron, can I then yum (or
>>manually rpm) all the development x86_64 rpms in for 64 bit
>>support? I'm having trouble booting the development boot.isos, and
>>this machine lacks a nice floppy drive.
>

> I might recommend the amd64 FAQ available at:
> http://www.linuxtx.org/amd64faq.html It will point you to the full
> installable FC1 Preview release for Opteron.

Has anyone made a network install on an MSI K8T Neo?
I don't have install CDs at hand.

The F12 -> Network boot option does not seem to work,
it does not even send DHCP requests.

The r8169.com (I created a DOS bootfloppy just for that)
from etherboot-5.3.6 gets an IP address but does not accept
linux-install/pxelinux.0 as a valid bootable image.

Otherwise, the DHCP and TFTP servers are configured correctly,
a VIA EPIA-M motherboard with its network boot support in BIOS
displays the install options with a nice ASCII art of a snake.

--
Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi