Subject: Re: fedora official ntfs support

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Jan 15 14:04:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 13:31, David Jackson wrote:
> > Tom Diehl:
> >>Hernan Fernandez:
> >>Because NTFS is a closed file system protected by patients.
> > *Mental* patients, obviously...
> Does any Linux Distro Support NTFS?

No. Only some GNU/Linux distributions carry Linux's NTFS module.
Mostly any distribution in the Software Patents Don't Exist Free World.

> A related question way is it different from fat/vfat?

Because they are different filesystems, that's why. And if you want to
know why, ask Microsoft :)

Some submarine Software Patents came up about some FAT extensions, as
long as they are not included, FAT can still be used.

I've read somewhere that most flash'a-like memory cards don't
use/require these extensions, but don't believe me for I might be
completely wrong.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?