Can't install from CD after initial install - Is this in Bugzilla?

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Fri Jan 16 01:05:36 UTC 2004

> Now sure, Yum works great. Sure yum is easier. But there are some things you wouldn't want to install via yum (OpenOffice, for example) if you could help it. And yet this remains unfixed.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to use yum to install
OpenOffice? That's exactly the sort of big, complicated, potentially
fraught with odd dependencies sort of package that I -do- want to ues
yum for.

Is the problem that there isn't a convienient way to know which CD of a
CD set your package is hiding on when using something that isn't the
add/remove widget?

Is the problem that the Add/Remove programs widget only seems to use the
CD set as a possible source?