My NTFS Solution

Hernan Fernandez uk at mitierra.cl
Fri Jan 16 01:22:38 UTC 2004

El jue, 15-01-2004 a las 19:36, bertoldic.claudio at tiscali.it escribió:
> I write this mail with the hope that someone will read it and take into
> consideration my suggestion.
>
> Is the support for ntfs filesystem provided by Fedora?
> I've found this interesting link could someone get a look and if not applied
> yet apply this filesystem?
>
> http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora1.html

hi:       (sorry my bad english)

I am thinking today this situation, and
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora1.html is very good, but the
problem is when fedora launch a new kernel version and wait two days for
the module ntfs.o.

apparently the unique solution is compile compile our module ntfs.o

install the rpm source-kernel

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.xxxxxx/

make menuconfig
(here you need check the option NTFS file system support in the File
System Menu)

make SUBDIRS=fs/ntfs modules

now you have the module in /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.xxxxxx/fs/ntfs/ntfs.o

you need copy the file to /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.xxxx/kernel/fs/ntfs/
and load the module
insmod ntfs

ready... you can mount the ntfs filesystem with the new kernel version
and send the module to the linux-ntfs project of sourceforge

you can read here http://bulma.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1952

Saludos
--
Hernan Fernandez