Language installation

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Fri Jan 16 01:27:36 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-01-14 às 23:01, Bevan C. Bennett escreveu:

> I fooled around with it a little, and I think editing
> /etc/sysconfig/i18n is all you need for 'standard' languages.
> Mostly it then gets used by /etc/init.d/functions to set the LANG shell
> variable, which a user could then choose to override for their own
> purposes...
> [bevan at saladin ~]> setenv LANG pt_BR
> [bevan at saladin ~]> date
> Qua Jan 14 17:59:14 PST 2004
> [bevan at saladin ~]> setenv LANG fr_FR
> [bevan at saladin ~]> date
> mer jan 14 17:59:46 PST 2004
> [bevan at saladin ~]> setenv LANG en_US
> [bevan at saladin ~]> date
> Wed Jan 14 17:59:54 PST 2004
> Adding a language to 'SUPPORTED' in /etc/sysconfig/i18n seems to just
> make it availible to redhat-config-language and not much else.
> Do you need something more than those?

No, this seems ok, except for aspell. Some time ago I remember about kde
being separated into every language... Redhat/fedora installs most of
packages (take a look at openoffice size on it), except, maybe, for some
special (ciryllic, japanese) fonts.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group