Re: Making an updated DVD.

Jeremy Hogan wrote:

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 10:27, Steffan Jacobs wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know a howto on creating a updated installation DVD (or CD's) from the original tree and downloaded update packages. I've been looking around on the internet, but I can't seem to find it.

If there's no howto any other help is welcome as well.

Steffan,

Here's a script.

ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh
--jeremy

Hi,

I'm not sure this script is really what I'm looking for. I have already created a DVD from the original ISO's when they came out. Now I want to update that DVD so that it will install the updated packages right away. As I understand I will have to do more than just replace the packages to achieve this. If I copy the DVD's contents to the harddrive and use it as a tree for this script will anaconda be able to find those packages?

Steffan.