Boot stops after "Initializing firewire controller"

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at freemail.hu
Fri Jan 16 10:23:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have an MSI K8T Neo mainboard, installed 32 bit Fedora Core 1.
With the orininal 2.4.22-2115, it booted up nicely. Then I upgraded
to the latest errata packages (glibc, kernel, initscripts, everything)
and now the machine stops at boot after

Initializing firewire controller (ohci1394)              [ OK ]

The machine does not lock up since the keypresses echoed on the screen,
Ctrl-Alt-Del works, etc. Disabling the ieee1394 controller in the BIOS helps.

--
Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi